Majid Ali, M.D.
Very little of What I Learned About Diabetes In Medical School Has Been Validated by My Patients, My True Teachers.
- Insulin is the master energy hormone of the body, for energy generation as well as energy expenditure.
- The energy demands of chronically-injured cells increase because repair of injured tissues needs more energy.
- Increased demands for cellular repair energy can be met only with increased supply of fuel (glucose) for producing more cellular energy.
- Higher demands for glucose require higher insulin activity.
- The validity of these statements can be tested only with direct blood insulin tests, not by doing blood tests for glucose (fasting blood glucose, A1c test, two-hour post-prandial blood sugar, or three-hour glucose tolerance test after a glucose load.
- other forms of sugar.
- Anyone can test the validity of the above statement with blood insulin tests.
What My Professors Did Not Tell Me About Insulin Essentials
- Newborn babies with birth weight larger than eight pounds are insulin toxic.
- Mothers of babies with birth weight larger than eight pounds are insulin toxic.
- Expecting moms with gestational diabetes are insulin-toxic and will remain so after delivering their babies for variable periods of time.
- Boys with widespread persistent acne are insulin-toxic.
- Young girls with polycystic ovarian cystic syndrome are insulin-toxic.
- Nearly all obese children are insulin-toxic.
- Children and adults with fatty liver and steatosis are insulin-toxic.
- Most patients with pulmonary fibrosis, bronchiectasis, and active tuberculosis are insulin-toxic.
- Most individuals with psoriasis and sarcoidosis are insulin-toxic.
- Most individuals with chronic autoimmune disorders (rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, scleroderma, and others) are insulin-toxic.
- Most patients with chronic renal failure are insulin-toxic.
- Most individuals with memory loss, dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and diverse chronic diseases of the brain are insulin-toxic.
- Most individuals with cancer are insulin-toxic.
- Nearly all people become insulin-toxic after receiving chemotherapy.
- Individuals with psoriasis are insulin-toxic.
- babies with birth weight larger than eight pounds are insulin toxic.